Home Forum Buying & Selling Scammed because I didn’t count the money before handing it, BEWARE.

• Scammed because I didn’t count the money before handing it, BEWARE.

Posted by Luciano on March 10, 2022 at 12:30 pm

Hi guys, I’m writing this post because I just got scammed and do not know what to do. Okay so, today I went to a small shop to charge my debit card of 330 euros. I’m 19 and pretty naive, so since I counted the money on my car I didn’t count the money before the lady standing behind the counter because I knew it was 330 euros (6 pieces 50 and one 20 plus and one 5 plus 5 change) . Once she topped up my card I handed her the money and she counted it in a way I could not see her hands nor the money, while counting she goes “it’s missing 50 euros” and I go “uh?” so she moved her hands and counted it before me again behind the plexiglass, but I said “no I counted it before and it was 330, it’s not possible”. So she hands me the money and it is actually missing 50, but I am 100% sure it was 330 that I handed her. Now, i’m naive so i thought maybe 50 fell on the car, and I went to check and it was not there. I’m pretty sure she took fifty while counting it when I couldn’t see her hands, so I went back with my mother and she started becoming red and saying “are you saying I robbed you?” and we didn’t know what to say because didn’t want to offend her. Now what am I supposed to do? She told us we could bring her the 50 tomorrow, but i’m kind of sure she scammed me so l do not want to give her more money just to be scammed I was blocked and didn’t know what to say nor do so couldn’t really defend myself, also not used to these situations. I know I should’ve counted the money before her or check behind the counter to make sure she didn’t just put the 50 behind the computer. Moral of the story, always count your money slowly loudly and clearly before handling it to anyone, so that they can’t hide some of it and pretend like you didn’t give it to them.

• This discussion was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Luciano.
    Luciano replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Admin

March 10, 2022 at 12:32 pm

They sound like more then scammers but straight up thieves! Thanks for sharing

• Luciano

March 11, 2022 at 2:11 pm

Indeed, it takes a lot of misery to do such a thing

• Sam

March 10, 2022 at 12:40 pm

I wouldn’t leave until I get ALL my money back

😤😤

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Sam.
    • Luciano

March 11, 2022 at 2:11 pm

I didn’t bring her the 50 euros in the end, nor is she looking for me, so I guess we good. She knew I knew

Trustscore

Domain: dropbox.com

Established: 1995-06-28

Server IP Address: 205.251.193.59

Domain Blacklisted: No

In computing, a blacklist, disallowlist, blocklist, or denylist is a basic access control mechanism that blocks all malicious elements (email addresses, websites users, …)

Suspended Site: No

When your website account is suspended, it means the hosting provider has temporarily taken it offline. Website hosts often suspend websites for a myriad of reasons ranging from malware to spam.

Email (MX) Configured: Yes

Verification that the website has its entity’s proper IMAP (Inbox) and SMTP (Outbox) mailbox servers configured correctly.

DMARC Configured: Yes

DMARC is an open email authentication protocol that provides domain-level protection of the email channel. DMARC authentication detects and prevents email spoofing techniques used in phishing, business email compromise (BEC), and other email-based attacks.

SSL Cert Blacklisted: No

Hackers have discovered ways to circumvent, alter, or abuse SSL certificates. An SSL certificate blacklist is a list of untrustworthy SSL certificates that have been created and can potentially harm users.

Website Popular: No

Risky TLD: No

The TLD (Top Level Domain) are the last characters of an entity’s website name, such as .com, .org, etc. Cyber-criminals and threat actors prefer a small set of 25 out of the thousands of available extensions, which accounts for 90% of all malicious sites. A Risky TLD is verification that the domain name is not to be trusted.

Heuristic Pattern: No

If a website uses Heuristics, then it is a scanning method that looks for malware-like behavior patterns. It is commonly used to detect new or not-yet-known malware.

Risky Geolocation: No

Verification to an entity’s geolocation status being labeled as ‘Risky’.

Suspicious Domain: No

Verification the entity’s domain is not listed as being “Suspicious”.