Home Forum Banking Investments Online QR code and Paytm scam

• Online QR code and Paytm scam

Posted by Dev on October 23, 2021 at 3:30 pm

Today itself, my friend saved me from bank fraud. I am doing online business thru social media (FB, Instagram) and thru whatsapp people can buy products. so, today one person Parmil kumar contact me n he told me that he saw my oxi9 products post and wanted to buy few things. So I said okay and I shared the product pictures today noon & so he shared his address details & his id from as he is working with Indian Army. I said fine, you can pay me via Paytm or Google pay then he called me in the evening n told me that mam here in indian army camp we can’t pay directly so I am sending you the QR code you have to scan that code & pay me just 5 Rs to me it will be return to you immediately. At that moment my friend listen who just back from the office before few minutes, he directly told me it’s fraud. Don’t do anything & I cut the phone. My husband Googled about him thru his name n he is right, it’s fraud. Here is the number of that Parmil kumar i.e. 9707559734 & his fake ID. So people can aware 🙏 also I am mentioning his Google pay or paytm number 8346807831374@paytm which shows Kunal halder. Be safe n aware. This guy do so many frauds like bike fraud n so on. You can google it to check this 🙏 I am also attaching the pic of the person who is using as his whatsapp dp.

Kam replied 2 years, 6 months ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Amanda

October 23, 2021 at 5:59 pm

A friendly reminder to all: 😊
    Never post your QR code on any social media sites like FB, IG, Twitter, etc., as this contains your personal data. Don’t allow yourselves to be a victim of phishing scams or identity theft.
    Stay safe! 😘😷

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Amanda.
  • Sana

October 25, 2021 at 8:04 am

Yeah don’t fall for it.

QR code Scams are the newest threat nowadays.

• Carrie

October 25, 2021 at 4:13 pm

Be careful! The fraudster will reach out to you or engage you in a conversation as a buyer and will share a QR code to pay advance/token amount.

• Khillat

October 27, 2021 at 4:14 am

Dont trust trading or online platforms found on social media or ones recommended by strangers and fake profiles 🙄

• Kam

October 27, 2021 at 10:29 am
    Gold

WoW THIS IS NUTS! QR code scams are going to be on the rise now because of everything going on

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Kam.

Trustscore

Domain: dropbox.com

Established: 1995-06-28

Server IP Address: 205.251.193.59

Domain Blacklisted: No

In computing, a blacklist, disallowlist, blocklist, or denylist is a basic access control mechanism that blocks all malicious elements (email addresses, websites users, …)

Suspended Site: No

When your website account is suspended, it means the hosting provider has temporarily taken it offline. Website hosts often suspend websites for a myriad of reasons ranging from malware to spam.

Email (MX) Configured: Yes

Verification that the website has its entity’s proper IMAP (Inbox) and SMTP (Outbox) mailbox servers configured correctly.

DMARC Configured: Yes

DMARC is an open email authentication protocol that provides domain-level protection of the email channel. DMARC authentication detects and prevents email spoofing techniques used in phishing, business email compromise (BEC), and other email-based attacks.

SSL Cert Blacklisted: No

Hackers have discovered ways to circumvent, alter, or abuse SSL certificates. An SSL certificate blacklist is a list of untrustworthy SSL certificates that have been created and can potentially harm users.

Website Popular: No

Risky TLD: No

The TLD (Top Level Domain) are the last characters of an entity’s website name, such as .com, .org, etc. Cyber-criminals and threat actors prefer a small set of 25 out of the thousands of available extensions, which accounts for 90% of all malicious sites. A Risky TLD is verification that the domain name is not to be trusted.

Heuristic Pattern: No

If a website uses Heuristics, then it is a scanning method that looks for malware-like behavior patterns. It is commonly used to detect new or not-yet-known malware.

Risky Geolocation: No

Verification to an entity’s geolocation status being labeled as ‘Risky’.

Suspicious Domain: No

Verification the entity’s domain is not listed as being “Suspicious”.