Home Forum Buying & Selling Jon Paul Schell is at it again

• Jon Paul Schell is at it again

Posted by Ryan on February 19, 2022 at 5:15 pm

Jon Paul Schell is at it again (sadly, I was scammed out of $300). The more digging I do, the more I find out about this guy. I pulled a background check and found numerous fraud convictions. I have done some research online to find his name to be rather popular in the fraud game.

Here is a link to his FB – https://www.facebook.com/jpaul.schell

I also attached a photo of him, one he sent of empty boxes as a way to “prove” he has the items for sale.

kristy replied 1 year ago 11 Members · 36 Replies
  • 36 Replies
  • ANUYAN

Administrator
    February 21, 2022 at 3:35 am
    Gold

Thanks for the report!

• Anonymous

February 21, 2022 at 9:44 pm

I do a basic google search every month or so wondering if he has been arrested yet, nope, apparently he’s still out there scamming people. I was also scammed by Jon Paul Schell, for around $600 – in connection with his wife Shirley Remington Schell on Facebook Marketplace / mostly communicated through Jon Paul Schell. I sent him the money, he kept saying he would ship the items out everyday, he never shipped them out, I had to go through my bank to get my money back and opened several investigations – the bank confirmed and credited my account – the other I never received any confirmations about and unsure on its status (federal report). I have every single screenshot of our conversation, pictures, personal details, with timestamps, and recorded messages.

It’s unfortunate JPS is still out there scamming people. Make sure to report Jon Paul Schell at https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint if you’ve been scammed. The more reports, the better.

Jon Paul Schell also operates a Hot Sauce company called “Dirty South Hot Sauce” and lives in/around Rapid City, SD as of 2021 – often posting on websites. He has been scamming people for at least 22 years – https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2000-07-28-0007280320-story.html – I am confident that is the same person – he told me his age in our conversation history and that matches up perfectly with how old he was in this article.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Anonymous.
    • Ryan

February 22, 2022 at 12:56 am

Here is a list of the things I have done so far –

Screen shot a message of the item for sale before he was able to make it vanish (after I paid of course)

Saving all messages because this fella has become so comfortable he continues to communicate. I was able to get him to say that he ‘shipped the item’ even though we all are aware it won’t show up.

I reported to the federal fraud website

I emailed Indiana’s AG (previous state of residence)

I emailed South Dakota’s AG (current state of residence)

I have emailed and reported to Facebook

I reported to youtube that his account is being used to advertise for his fraud scheme (including texts with the link)

I have pulled a full background check on both Jon Paul Schell and his wife Shirley Anne Remington (Currently Shirley Anne Schell). If anyone want’s a copy of those, feel free to email me at nacnacpro400ex@aol.com

Current Address is one of two, the first being the most probable

5150 Leroy Street, Rapid City, South Dakota, 57703

3813 School Drive, Rapid City, South Dakota, 57703

Current phone number is 605-389-4598

605-595-5783 may be Shirley’s number but I can not verify this one.

His last known employment was with Berendse and Sons Paint

He claims he is the owner of Full Throttle Hot Sauce

Attached are some photos he just sent claiming he bought some real estate property

Also adding some of our conversation so people can get a feel for how this guy operates

Here is a link to his youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnG1etWKdAA&feature=youtu.be

I am sure I am missing some details but hopefully this helps at least one person. If anything new comes to light with the AG, I will report here.

• Ryan

February 22, 2022 at 2:48 am

I also reported to apple pay that the payment was for fraud along with my bank, who is investigating it as well. I gave the bank the guy’s name, but I doubt that really matters. This is so wild of a story that I want to share as much information as I can in hopes that someone with power could get involved. Despite being convicted for fraud in Indiana, it blows my mind how easy it is for this guy to get away with this stuff

• kristy

March 20, 2022 at 11:34 am

He is a POS my ex husband I was young 20 something years ago. He used my name I am good person he got me in trouble using my name. We have two kids together he left and hasn’t seen since 2008 and owes over $80,000 in child support. Police or no one does anything! Glad I raised them alone he is not a good person and definitely no father

• Ryan

February 22, 2022 at 3:20 am

Another report of this guy but in Indiana

https://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=1789

I forgot to add a few photos to the previous post about his “property purchase”

• Kam

February 22, 2022 at 8:19 am
    Gold

Thank you! Keep the reports coming!

• Anonymous

February 22, 2022 at 8:35 pm

This has brought up a lot of bad memories for me, I will attach some screenshots of our conversation which includes some of his details – it may not be in the best order but I feel any order you might be able to understand the frustration.

To be clear, I never received any items from Jon Paul Schell or his wife Shirley Remington Schell, it has been months now, and I never will receive anything from them because they are con artists. My bank credited me the money back that Jon scammed from me and concluded their investigation into the matter. I hope one day Jon Paul Schell is arrested, it would bring some ease knowing that he would serve time for defrauding so many people. I don’t know why the law doesn’t step in but the most we can do in this digital age is share our stories, and I’m not ashamed to say I was scammed by Jon Paul Schell. I hope others learn from my mistakes, and I’m sorry Ryan also had to go through this experience, it weighed heavy on me for quite some time and took me a long time to move on from.

• Anonymous

February 22, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Here are some final screenshots.

I have more than 120 screenshots total, so many pictures, and other detailed evidence. To me, it sounded like he was threatening to show up at my house in [redacted] city which I trespassed him through text, regardless, don’t want a crazy guy showing up at my house. We’ve beefed up security since then.

He used his children in our conversation, he shared pictures of his daughter, he shared pictures of his wife, he shared pictures of himself, and he shared pictures of himself with various Full Throttle Saloon staff.

I hope no one else has to get conned, I really do, I wish they could lock this guy up already and get the money back that he stole from so many people. He was using his wife’s Facebook account and communicating through that account as well as his own account that Ryan shared earlier, if that’s not breaking some laws, I don’t know what can be done at this point besides internet shaming.

• Ryan

February 22, 2022 at 10:11 pm

A few updates…

I am currently speaking with the AG of South Dakota. I will let everyone know how that goes.

I got ahold of his daughter and lets just have the screen shots speak for themselves

Current address does appear to be

5150 Leroy St

Rapid City, SD 57703

• Anonymous

February 23, 2022 at 3:16 pm

It sounds like you have a lot more know-how than I do. If there’s anything I can do to help, please send me a private message, I’d rather not identify myself because I fear retaliation.

• Ryan

February 23, 2022 at 12:18 am

Here is a link to the fb page of the hot sauce company that he claims to own

https://www.facebook.com/dirtysouthhotsauce/photos/?ref=page_internal

• fraud

February 23, 2022 at 9:48 am

This is either a coincidence or spirits speaking because someone in our group just messaged us yesterday warning us about this same scammer. But he claimed to be from California doing business out there. When did you initially start talking to this scammer?

• Ryan

February 23, 2022 at 7:26 pm

I sent him money on the 13th of Feb, 2022. I still talk to him almost daily, which he steadily insists that I will get the phone I paid for and a refund. It is like 7 stages of grief with this guy. He pivots from anger, to silence, to salesman, to sadness…. from message to message. I think what he wants is someone to threaten him so it gives him an out. He is VERY cautious not to say anything past ‘I will see you very soon’

Attached are a few more screen shots of a conversation yesterday

• Ryan

February 25, 2022 at 2:28 am

Do you have more information on your encounter? Do you know others with detail? It would be great to get more involved on this site in the event the state of South Dakota needs more evidence to crush this guy.

• Stacy

February 23, 2022 at 10:28 am

Thanks for sharing. Is this really a picture of him though? Like how do you know it’s actually him?

• Anonymous

February 23, 2022 at 3:11 pm

We had to add each other on Facebook in order for me to send payment to him through Facebook pay (of which of course Facebook does not support any peer-to-peer transactions, so Facebook didn’t care that I didn’t get what I paid for). He also sent me these pictures, he also sent other pictures which seemed very private, and I also spoke to him on the phone several times. There is not one single doubt in my mind that this is him.

I spent WEEKS of my life dealing with this guy.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Anonymous.
    • Ryan

February 23, 2022 at 7:07 pm

As far as it being him, I am not 100%, but using a linked relative off of a background check, compared to a photo he posted in 2009 on a different facebook page that he no longer uses, what I believe to be his daughter has not only confirmed an address that I suspected to be his but also that he is who he says he is (and that he is a ‘scam…bum…and owes back child support’

I have tried to reach out to a few people on a radio forum (his scams from the 2009 area), which I will post links to, but the forum administrators refuse to allow my post, probably because I am new to the site.

I have been trying to contact people who have met him face to face for 100% verification but with no luck. Hopefully I can get lucky here at some point

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/heeees-baaack.43224/page-9

• Anonymous

February 23, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Here’s a couple more screenshots, near the end of my interactions with Jon Paul Schell, he was getting nasty – I kept requesting a refund, he kept saying he would do it, he never did it as you can imagine. I never received any items or a refund from him – my bank had to step in and credit me what was stolen.

You can see some of the pictures he sent me in my conversation with him, one of them is blacked out because I sent him pictures because I thought we were having a friendly conversation / before I really knew what was happening. I was conned by a serial con man. That hurt for a long time, but it has made me a stronger person, I hope no one ever has to go through an experience like this though. It came at a very difficult time in my life, and as you can see it was right around the corner from Christmas. That stung quite a bit. I hope Ryan is able to get in contact with the right people and hopefully put a stop to this once and for all. I am thankful there’s an active community online in the digital age looking to do some good out there.

I spent WEEKS of my life dealing with this guy and his lies, from late October 2021 to finally resolving everything with my bank in December 2021.

• Ryan

February 23, 2022 at 7:11 pm

I want to first and foremost say that I feel your pain. I can not make the negative emotions of this situation go away, but I want to inform you that you are not alone with wanting this guy to go to jail. I have no desire to quit this quest until all avenues have been exhausted or Jon Paul is in jail.

Here is a link to a fraud claim form on South Dakota’s AG website. He lives and has lived in South Dakota for some time, so this is the form that needs to be filled out by as many people as possible.

I have posted his phone, address, etc above, but anyone needs that information again, feel free to reach out.

https://atg.sd.gov/complaintform.aspx

• Admin

February 25, 2022 at 11:12 am

Honestly guys excellent work. We need more people aware of this guy. There are many Jon Paul profiles online. Did you try reporting him through this websites extension? For us we spread the word everywhere because the more it is reported through several avenues the better. And these guys have a pretty decent database

• Anonymous

February 25, 2022 at 7:21 pm

I did put in a report using that complaint form you linked. Anything is better than nothing, appreciate your post and appreciate your work trying to do what you can. It makes me feel not alone out there.

• Anonymous

March 5, 2022 at 9:52 pm

They sent me a letter saying they are looking into the matter. That’s the first real contact back from someone saying they are doing something, it’s better than nothing! Thanks for your help, Ryan, I hope you were able to get some kind of closure from this or received a response as well.

• Ryan

February 25, 2022 at 5:11 am

Here is another one of his many Facebook Profiles

Can someone please put a scammer tag on this one also?

https://www.facebook.com/paul.schell.1441

• ANUYAN

Administrator
      February 25, 2022 at 3:07 pm
      Gold

Added.

• Ryan

February 25, 2022 at 5:16 am

….and another FB Jon Paul Schell Page

https://www.facebook.com/jon.p.schell

• ANUYAN

Administrator
      February 25, 2022 at 3:08 pm
      Gold

Added. Feel free to report directly using the scamblox extension if you come across other profiles.

• kristy

March 20, 2022 at 11:09 am

I was married to Paul in 1997 we have two kids he left and has not seen since 2008 and also owes $80,,000 child support. Police never do anything. Glad I raised them alone though seems he hasn’t changed at all. Worthless liar who always steals and robs people! Ruined my life!

• Jamie

March 22, 2022 at 6:07 pm

So this guy is a real person actively scamming people? Why has nothing been done yet? Why is he not in jail?

• kristy

March 22, 2022 at 6:17 pm

I try all time he never works a legit job see attached there is warrant for the child support.

• Deeyonta

April 4, 2022 at 3:28 pm

He should be arrested

• Anonymous

April 13, 2022 at 8:27 pm

I was just doing my rounds on this guy as I normally do on the internet, and I noticed a new link I hadn’t seen before – posted pretty much nearly identical to when this was posted but a completely different terrible story of someone being scammed by Jon Paul Schell. This time it involved a kid being scammed, that hurts a lot.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-owen-get-the-vr-set-he-saved-so-long-for

It’s the same guy. Jon Paul Schell from Rapid City, SD.

• kristy

November 14, 2022 at 12:12 pm
    • Bucky

April 3, 2023 at 10:22 pm

Is he still in jail. Can’t find him on the inmate lookup

• Bucky

April 3, 2023 at 10:23 pm

Owes me $$$$$

• kristy

April 3, 2023 at 10:31 pm

Yes in Elkhart Indiana

Trustscore

Domain: dropbox.com

Established: 1995-06-28

Server IP Address: 205.251.193.59

Domain Blacklisted: No

In computing, a blacklist, disallowlist, blocklist, or denylist is a basic access control mechanism that blocks all malicious elements (email addresses, websites users, …)

Suspended Site: No

When your website account is suspended, it means the hosting provider has temporarily taken it offline. Website hosts often suspend websites for a myriad of reasons ranging from malware to spam.

Email (MX) Configured: Yes

Verification that the website has its entity’s proper IMAP (Inbox) and SMTP (Outbox) mailbox servers configured correctly.

DMARC Configured: Yes

DMARC is an open email authentication protocol that provides domain-level protection of the email channel. DMARC authentication detects and prevents email spoofing techniques used in phishing, business email compromise (BEC), and other email-based attacks.

SSL Cert Blacklisted: No

Hackers have discovered ways to circumvent, alter, or abuse SSL certificates. An SSL certificate blacklist is a list of untrustworthy SSL certificates that have been created and can potentially harm users.

Website Popular: No

Risky TLD: No

The TLD (Top Level Domain) are the last characters of an entity’s website name, such as .com, .org, etc. Cyber-criminals and threat actors prefer a small set of 25 out of the thousands of available extensions, which accounts for 90% of all malicious sites. A Risky TLD is verification that the domain name is not to be trusted.

Heuristic Pattern: No

If a website uses Heuristics, then it is a scanning method that looks for malware-like behavior patterns. It is commonly used to detect new or not-yet-known malware.

Risky Geolocation: No

Verification to an entity’s geolocation status being labeled as ‘Risky’.

Suspicious Domain: No

Verification the entity’s domain is not listed as being “Suspicious”.