Home Forum Identity Theft Customs scam- very compelling one!

• Customs scam- very compelling one!

Posted by ANUYAN on October 10, 2021 at 11:16 pm

“I literally just got scammed out of all my little savings which is $5k and I am a full time student/Vet. Today, I got a call around noon from U.S. Customs and Border protection and the guy goes on to introduce himself giving me his badge number, name and more. He goes further into detail rattling off my full address that I never gave him and goes on to say there is investigation going and they found my ID on the scene. Whomever has my ID has been using my name to ship these illegal items (contraband) he claims. We begin to talk more as he caught my attention and said do I know anything about this and begin to name the places like Texas, Mexico and three others of where these illegal items were moved to under my name. I know I did lose a license in Mexico on a past trip so I was hanging on to every word. Then he speaks with the Police in my area on the other end while I’m still on hold the phone. Then the actually number for my local police station in my area appeared on my phone so, I thought okay this may be real because I have definitely lost a couple of ID’s. The “police officer” in my area begins talking to me introducing himself and saying how he just spoke with U.S. Customs guy. Then he goes on a spill of how I can help the case and protect my money by moving my money before they freeze all my accounts. I did move it and it was to BIT ATM machine and come to find out after calling back the police station that officer name was none existent. The U.S. Custom and Border protection guy knew what he was doing as he was the scammer and made me stay on the phone the whole time for the process. He told me that the only reason I am hearing about this case over the phone is because it is under investigation and don’t want to alarm the culprit. I had to move money supposedly because they were about to freeze all of my accounts and wanted to make sure I have money. He then told me the government uses those ATMs because the money is non traceable for the culprit incase he was to try and get into my accounts. Now, Im sitting here looking very stupid and feel gullible and naive. I wish there was a way for me to receive this money back but I think its gone and I am not sure how I will pay for food. I thought I was helping my self and thought it was a real situation and its not.”

Zain replied 2 years, 6 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Khillat

October 11, 2021 at 4:36 am

OMG! 😰😰

• Zain

October 11, 2021 at 6:59 am

This insane!!

I don’t believe this AT ALL!

Such garbage!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Zain.

Trustscore

Domain: dropbox.com

Established: 1995-06-28

Server IP Address: 205.251.193.59

Domain Blacklisted: No

In computing, a blacklist, disallowlist, blocklist, or denylist is a basic access control mechanism that blocks all malicious elements (email addresses, websites users, …)

Suspended Site: No

When your website account is suspended, it means the hosting provider has temporarily taken it offline. Website hosts often suspend websites for a myriad of reasons ranging from malware to spam.

Email (MX) Configured: Yes

Verification that the website has its entity’s proper IMAP (Inbox) and SMTP (Outbox) mailbox servers configured correctly.

DMARC Configured: Yes

DMARC is an open email authentication protocol that provides domain-level protection of the email channel. DMARC authentication detects and prevents email spoofing techniques used in phishing, business email compromise (BEC), and other email-based attacks.

SSL Cert Blacklisted: No

Hackers have discovered ways to circumvent, alter, or abuse SSL certificates. An SSL certificate blacklist is a list of untrustworthy SSL certificates that have been created and can potentially harm users.

Website Popular: No

Risky TLD: No

The TLD (Top Level Domain) are the last characters of an entity’s website name, such as .com, .org, etc. Cyber-criminals and threat actors prefer a small set of 25 out of the thousands of available extensions, which accounts for 90% of all malicious sites. A Risky TLD is verification that the domain name is not to be trusted.

Heuristic Pattern: No

If a website uses Heuristics, then it is a scanning method that looks for malware-like behavior patterns. It is commonly used to detect new or not-yet-known malware.

Risky Geolocation: No

Verification to an entity’s geolocation status being labeled as ‘Risky’.

Suspicious Domain: No

Verification the entity’s domain is not listed as being “Suspicious”.