Marketting › Private: Forums › Welcome to scamBlox.io Community! › Support & FAQ › ScamBLOX Extension – "Email is from a fraudulent address" › Reply To: ScamBLOX Extension – "Email is from a fraudulent address"
UmarAdministratorMarch 12, 2023 at 4:01 amBronze
What are fraud and scams [Phishing] in an Email, text messaging or phone call?
Cybercriminals use frauds and scams in email content, [Phishing], as attack techniques. These methods try to steal your money, or your identity, by getting you to reveal personal information such as credit card numbers, bank information, or passwords on websites that pretend to be legitimate. Criminals use social engineered scams through emails, text messaging or phone calls.
Tips on how to identify Phishing frauds and scamming emails,
text messaging or phone calls:
· Emails, text messaging or phone calls demanding urgent action.
· Emails or text messaging with bad grammar and spelling mistakes.
· Emails, text messaging or phone calls with an unfamiliar greeting or salutation
· Emails, text messaging or phone calls whit inconsistencies in email addresses, links & domain names.
· Emails or text messaging contain or include suspicious attachments.
· Emails, text messaging or phone calls requesting login credentials, payment information or sensitive data about you.
· Emails or text messages which Attaches an invoice for payment.
· Emails, text messaging or phone calls which sound too good to be true.